Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Dancing Dichotomy Duo

Dance: totally my thing. Math: Definitely not my thing.

But somehow, Karl Schaffer, Math professor at De Anza has managed to make both work together. I haven't had him as a teacher, but perhaps my passion for dance and a kinesthetic learning skill would have helped me understand the one subject I don't like. (I also find it fascinating that most writers hate math, and math majors aren't too fond of writing either).

Intriguing, right? So I hope to meet up with him - I'll probably hear back on Monday when he can meet, and discuss what kinds of dance he participated in, his personal learning style, what he does outside the classroom, and maybe something random and fun that I can think of. This will for sure require a recording device, and my handy-dandy reporter's notebook.

My only fear to writing this piece would be not capturing the essence of the guy, or his fun and humorous personality; but other than that, bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading the profile and seeing how your capture Karl's essence!

    ReplyDelete