Monday, February 6, 2012

If you like Pina Coladas...

getting caught in the rain.... sorry for getting that song stuck in your head (NOT!)

If my writing was a drink, it'd be a pina colada! Sweet, fruity, juicy, and a blend of yummy stuff to create it. It doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it does seem random at times.

Different techniques to find my written voice were: writing like someone else, writing to a friend, and writing how I speak. When I'm comfortable, I will be sarcastic with someone, so that's how my writing tends to be, minus the long period of being comfortable (I already am when it comes to this fun stuff!).

1 comment:

  1. Sarcasm in writing can be very effective. If you have a knack for it...all the better. Looking for the fun and irony in everyday things and communicating those thoughts to others is always a welcome read. Of course it can be tricky, too. If people don't get that you are being scarcastic, it can backfire. This style is great for writing reviews and editorials.

    ReplyDelete